Tuesday 13 March 2012

{Pin it} {Button it} {Nibble it} --- {New blog post}

A few weeks ago I was inspired by a photo I had seen on Pinterest of button biscuits as shown left, with a visit from my Auntie planned I donned my invisible cook hat and set to work. I don't get the chance to bake much, It's always an indulgence and family tradition at Christmas, so thought why not give this a whirl for a change. 
Borrowing Mama Jamboree's 70's cook book I adapted a basic biscuit recipe, leaving out the cocoa powder (recipe below), once mixed, I separated the mixture in two halves adding blue and red food colouring, brown was a mixture of the two, you know how you created brown plasticine with all the colours at school, imagine that ha!, so much for a red and blue swirl, more fun next time. Now the experimenting began playing with different glasses to create the button shapes and indentations, a chopstick came in handy to create the holes for thread. It took people a few guesses to realise the biscuit design, so next time I think I'd add four sewing holes, maybe white icing thread between the buttons holes would look cute to - what do you think?
Ouw! I nearly forgot, for extra sweetness I sandwiched two biscuits together with scrumptious strawberry jam, smidgen of jam peeking threw the sewing holes. 
The funky groovy tins are Mam's from the 70's, I love the floral pink cake tin, the plate was a carboot discovery and butterfly buttons a craft show find which I've been hoarding ever since ;). 
{Inspiration} 
If you fancy creating your own biscuit cookies this is the recipe I used, why not treat your Mam/Mum this Mother's Day. 

(image credit for first image) 
I think I better finish here, all these scrumptious biscuits photos are making me hungry!, and alas the cupboard is bare. 
If you would like to follow us on Pinterest jump on over via this link.
Hope you have oodles of fun with this project to.
H
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...