Wednesday 22 September 2010

:::Welcome to our blog:::

Our first post, just wanted to say thank you for popping on to our blog.
I'll be adding more images and info, an extension of our news page, and also images/collection that inspire us in our love of design,vintage,retro and contemporary goodies.

Over the last week or so, we have been extending the shop, making way for a bigger show room to fill with furniture goodies etc. Bit, by bit we are getting their, and I'm enjoying looking for old images of the area etc to jazz up above the fire place.

Myself, and my Mam have been taking some photos of the transformation.
 Goodbye red wall, hello 60's yellow tile effect boarding.



Now that's yellow! Remember the boarding from when the shop was a bakery?.
When my Dad removed some wood from the wall frame, we discovered this old wall paper. We think it's Victorian, went through a few ideas what the pattern was, with the colour tones it reminded me of holly, but with the leaves being to big, finally thought grapes and vine leaves. 
Have you found any historical discoveries whilst renovating/decorating?

This is one of my favourite features of the shop, adore Art Nouveau, a lovely surprise to find these original hand plates on some of the doors, sadly painted over with oodles of paint over the years, so we had know choice but to paint over to.


Looking through to the new extension.


Set to keep us warm, and you this winter. I'm tempted to toast some marsh mallows ;) who's wants to join me? Just added the fire surround today, then a lick of paint. Can't wait to hang stockings from the fire place this Christmas.


 Nearly finished, come in and have a look around.
 Look out for goodies updates on our news, and I'll be adding more photos as we progress with the extension.


H
x

2 comments:

  1. Oh jolly this is so amazing! My friend from Norway loves this shop and I regularly pop by to pick up some goodies she's seen on Facebook. I have started to love it too and can't wait to visit when she come to see me in November. It looks all so lovely!

    xx
    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carina, thanks for checking out the blog, your officially our first blogger bud :D
    Ty for your lovely comments, so glad yourself, and your friend like the shop. Say hello to your friend from us, look forward to seeing you both soon x.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...